Friday, April 3, 2009

What did you USED to do, Grampa?

In my previous life, waaay previous, I was "radio personality." That always sounded better than "disk jockey." Pretty lucky to have worked with some of the true heavyweights in broadcasting. Three of my 29 years were spent with the monster of all monsters, WABC New York. That's when it was Musicradio77 WABC.

That powerhouse has been talks/news since the early 80s, but Mark Simone, who holds forth on a talk show, has a Saturday night oldies show. He brings back musical stars of the era when WABC was THE radio station everyone listened to, and he talks with them from 6 to 10 PM on Saturday nights.

Some people seem to think I'm a larger deal than I think I was, and last May Mark had me on the air for a half hour, talking about what radio used to be (when it was fun.) I'm coming baaaack. Saturday night, April 11, from 8:15 PM New York time (5:15 PM in Arizona) I'm going to be back on the air with Mark. I have no idea of what we're going to talk about, but I never knew what I was going to talk about when I went on the air, anyhow. Check out Saturday Night Oldies on April 11th.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be listening!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you sounded G-R-E-A-A-A-T!