Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AS was expected....

ORBITZ announced it is waiving booking fees through May for any trips booked on Orbitz.com or Cheaptickets.com. This means that they join Expedia and Priceline as major online ticket bookers in dropping their fees. This is a big deal; those fees help to pay the rent for each of these companies.

Travelocity.com had also dropped their fees until May 31. Travelocity is part of Sabre Holdings Corp. I couldn't get a straight answer on the phone, but I think that this Sabre is the reservations arm of AMR Corp, the parent of American Airlines, the booking consortium used by many major (legacy) carriers.

Anyhow, do your homework, and remember you may be able to find better fares directly from your airline of choice. And Southwest don't play dat game. You have to check Southwest yourself. And speaking of SWA, they have been offering some killer deals in conjunction with resorts in, among others, Las Vegas. Check it out.

--------------------------------------

I have received emails noting that some of the special offers listed have expired, i.e., they are no longer valid. The reason I leave them up is to help emphasize the timeliness of the postings. I write about these offers for your benefit, and I point out that they have hard expiration dates. It's like, use them or lose them. If you are new to this BLOG, you can see that I am finding great special offers for all kinds of travel, and I am giving you the opportunity to take advantage of them.

No comments: